GDA Advance Series of Smart Gate Drive Modules for Research & Education Released
Taraz Technologies announces the release of newly developed GDA Advanced Series of Isolated, Configurable IGBT/MOSFET Smart Gate Drive Modules that accelerate the development of power electronics inverters and converters, and help researchers and students to overcome hardware barriers.
IGBT/MOSFET Gate drivers are critical and complex design blocks of any power electronics hardware. Researchers and students are usually stuck with hardware issues which delay their research, development and learning process.
Taraz Technologies developed research and education friendly gate drive modules that can be used by researchers and student to accelerate development, help in understanding basics and move on to next development stage which requires a functional hardware. Engineers can work on control and power stage development of VFDs, Inverters, Uninterrupted Power Supplies (UPS) and Solar Inverters without waiting for final hardware to be built. Students can step further into topology understanding, PWM modulation techniques and advanced control algorithms.
The most notable feature of GDA Series is advanced protection. This module has short circuit protection using desaturation detection, soft shutdown, miller protection and fault latch circuitry. It can safely turn off the switch and give the controller an isolated fault feedback signal. These advanced protection features reduce research and development cost by saving expensive IGBTs from destruction under fault conditions, which occur frequently during development and testing of new products.
- Best Cost to Performance Ratio in the Market.
- 2, 4 & 6 Switch Isolated Gate Drive Modules
- Suitable for 1200V IGBTs and Power MOSFETs up-to 120A.
- 2A Peak Gate Drive Current.
- 3000 VRMS Input to Output Isolation.
- Short-Circuit Protection Through Desaturation Detection.
- Active Miller Clamp.
- Output UVLO Protection.
- Output Clamping Protection.
- Isolated Fault Feedback.
- Soft IGBT Turnoff in Case of Fault.
- Configurable Fault Latch Shutdown.
- Configurable PWM/Dual Inputs.
- Configurable Dead-Time.
- 50KV/us Minimum Common Mode Rejection (CMR).
- Very Low Propagation Delay of 250ns (Maximum) for High Frequency Operation.
- Input & Output Indication LEDs for Visual Feedback.
- Input & Output Test points for easy testing.
- Built-in 5V Regulator for Powering up External Control Circuitry.
Major Target Markets
- Research and Educational Institutions
- R&D Companies
- AC & Brushless DC Motor Drives
- Full Bridge Drives
- R&D Inverters
- DC-DC Converters
- Switched Mode Power Supplies
- Multi-Phase PFC Rectifiers
The new GDS series is available in 2, 4 & 6 switch (channel) versions. Further options include different gate resistors, test points option, and different input and output connectors to make it suitable as a plugin module, PCB mounted module or free hanging module.
Taraz Technologies is a research and development company based in Pakistan, incorporated on 26th November 2012. Taraz Technologies is targeting market penetration through its strength and expertise in the field of power electronics, instrumentation and mechatronics, with focus on innovation and beautiful thinking approach for problem solving and product development. Our initial product development focus is in the field of power electronics, which is a core technology in industrial automation, renewable energy and smart grid systems. These fields are important to the future of humanity.
Taraz Technologies with the aim to reduce costs and add flexibility decided to have in house manufacturing. The company has established a prototyping and low volume PCB assembly lab with future plans to set up high volume PCB production plant. We also provide EMS (Electronics Manufacturing Services) to customers with prototyping and low volume production needs.
We are committed to serve humanity in general and uplift technological, economical, educational and social standards in the countries we operate in.